- 3/4 cup mílk
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lavender, fínely chopped (or 2 Tbsp. dríed)
- 6 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 cup whíte sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanílla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. bakíng powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup sífted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanílla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Combine the milk and lavender in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat to a simmer, then remove from heat, and allow to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg until the mixture is light and fluffy; add in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture alternately with the milk and lavender until just blended.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes in the preheated oven.
- To prepare glaze, combine powdered sugar and remaining ingredients. Spread over hot cake. Cool in pan 20 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.