Homemade Nutter Butters #Dessert #Easyrecipe
We're making Homemade Nutter Butters… sure you can get a bundle of these most loved nutty spread treats at the store, however would they say they are delicate and warm from your broiler? I didn't think so. It's obvious, presently you need to make them! The nutty spread icing is so easy to stir up, and cautioning… you should eat everything with a spoon, however hold the inclination and make these cutest ever little Nutter Butter treats. We caused a fun little video so you to can see them in real life!
For the Cookies:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
For the Filling:
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup peanut butter room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
For the Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir the cookie ingredients together until smooth. Scoop out 1 inch balls of cookie dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Press down with the back of a fork and then press again from the opposite direction, to make the criss-cross pattern on top of each cookie.
- To make the cookie dough into the shape of a Nutter Butter cookie, form the cookie dough ball into a log shape.
- Roll the cookie dough in sugar (optional).
- Press down with the back of a fork and then press again from the opposite direction, to make the criss-cross pattern on top of each cookie. Finish by pinching in both sides of each cookie before baking.
- Bake for 12 minutes and then let cool on the tray for 1-2 more minutes.
For the Cookie Filling:
- Beat the butter and peanut butter in a big bowl with a hand mixer together until smooth.
- Slowly add in your powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add the milk, one tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Spread a tablespoon of the filling onto the bottom side of one of the cookies and then top with another cookie to create a cookie sandwich…a nutter butter sandwich! Enjoy!